Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
Welcome to Maui Kamaole (MK). This modern, low-rise, low-density complex consists of 13 two story units spread over 23 beautifully landscaped acres and is considered to be one of Maui’s premier condominium resorts. It is the highest rated condo in Kihei in the 2018 AAA Tour Guide, a 3 Diamond rating. The resort is meticulously maintained and beautifully landscaped. By far the nicest resort in Kihei.
It has 2 pools/2Jacuzzis, 2 tennis courts and many BBQ areas. All of the first floor units are one BR units (except a few which have converted a den to a 2nd BR) and all of the second floor units like ours have 2 BR’s. Most of the 2 BR units (114 of 158 = 72%) are ~1052 sq ft of living space with the remainder a little over 1200 sq ft. Ours is one of the larger units + significantly (~20%) larger Lanais. The 20% larger units provide a more comfortable stay. If a listing doesn’t mention its size, it is surely a smaller unit.
The location of Maui Kamaole in sunny south Kihei is ideal. It is an upscale property that bridges the casual charm of Kihei and the elegance of the many 5* resorts in Wailea just two blocks away. It is close to the restaurants, shops and the championship golf courses of Wailea and Makena. The spectacular Wailea Ocean Walking Trail is a short walk south. Across the street is one of Maui’s finest beaches, Kamaole Beach Park III, with picnic areas and a beautiful sandy beach where you can swim, snorkel, boogie board, surf or just relax in the sun or under one of the many shade trees. Lots of turtles frequent the waters around this beach. Kahului Airport is only 25 minutes away. The resort offers an on-site check-in agent with concierge services with brochures of activities and restaurants.
When we purchased this non-smoking unit in mid-November of 2009, it was totally empty, allowing us to designer decorate and furnish it with all new items. We completed furnishing the unit in May 2010 and performed additional yearly upgrades with the latest in August 2017. This year in addition to replenishing items having minor wear and touching up the paint and carpet cleaning several times we upgraded all the A/C units. More on this later. Unlike most units which advertise HDTV, but have small size TV's and don't subscribe to HD cable, we have both HD cable and a HD DVR. We have recently upgraded to a new 55" Panasonic HDTV for the great room, a 52" Sharp HDTV to the master BR and a 37" HDTV to the other master BR. Our smallest TV is now larger than most units big TV. We also replaced the old refrigerator with a new larger Stainless Steel Refrigerator and replaced the very noisy dishwasher with a very quiet top of the line Kenmore Elite. We also continue to replace older equipment with new ones and perform thorough semi-annual maintenance to help ensure a trouble free vacation for our renters. For example we just replaced all the A/C's, the hot water heater. We also clean all drains, touch up all paint and replace any worn sports or b and the kitchen faucet and service all equipment at least twice a year. I am confident you won't find any other unit with as much beach, sports equipment and kids toys as our unit provides. See our photos and many reviews to confirm this is not just idle talk.
Unlike most MK units built in the late ‘80s, this unit was completed in 2002, and lived in only 2 months per year until Jan 2010. Many units say that they have been remodeled, most don’t say when! This unit has 2 Master Bedroom Suites and has been newly painted, carpeted and designer furnished and appointed with all the comforts of home. It is in a quiet location with very convenient parking. It has three private lanais. The main lanai, with a large retractable motorized awning (less than 30% of the 2BR units have this item - without shade the Main Lanai becomes useless during the day as the sun is just too hot - again see our photos to see how much shade this provides), provides a view of the lovely gardens, the ocean to the west and spectacular sunsets. The unit is close to the nicer of the two pools (the tropical pool), and close to the two tennis courts and it is away from the noise of the very busy Kihei Road.
The great room is open, spacious and bright. It includes living room, dining area and kitchen. Features that set our unit apart from most other MK units include:
· Totally refurbished including new carpeting, all new Black Label Beautyrest beds, new bedding and all new furniture and kitchenware, and all new appliances except the oven/range
· The main spacious private lanai has a motorized 8 x 18 ft retractable awning to allow comfortable seating on even the hottest days. It has a patio table that will seat 6 and a comfortable chaise lounge.
· Three 1080P LCD HDTV’s including a 55 in Panasonic in the great room, a 52” Sharp in one master BR and a 37” in the downstairs master BR, and a third 37 in HDTV in the second master bedroom. Unlike most units which have at most basic cable package with few if any HD channels, we have a new Digital Video Recorder (DVR) recorder and over 300 channels of TV, including 35+ in full HD. Most condos provide analog service only (Why have HDTV with no HD channels)? With the DVR you can also record your favorite shows while you are out at the beach or doing other activities.
· A Sony PlayStation 3 with 6 PS3 games and 110 stored HD movies and a BluRay HD DVD player
· An additional Sony DVD player with an additional library of 80+ movies on DVD and 45 music CD's. Includes whale watching DVD, a date disc with hundreds of identified local fish photos +a CD for car use which narrates the Road to Hana.
· High speed secure wireless internet (WiFi) as well as an Ethernet port.
· Two stereo's (one with IPod/IPhone docking station) and one with an MP3 player input with a large library of CDs (45+), including a good Hawaiian music library.
· A safe to secure your valuables
· A supply of books, guidebooks, jigsaw puzzles and games.
. 2 porta-cribs, baby swing, baby bath tub and two Booster chairs for young children, with trays to make them like a high chair.
· Most MK units have window type A/C units that are noisy. Our BR’s are cooled by a new in 2017 split ultra quiet A/C unit where the noisy compressor and condenser are outside, making for a much quieter system.
· Our sports utility closet is truly exceptional, greatly exceeding most if not all other condos. We have provided 6+ beach towels, 15+ sets of snorkels/masks/fins, 5 boogie boards, 6 sets of various size beach shoes, 4 noodles, 6 quality beach chairs, 3 beach umbrellas + 1 beach tent, lots of beach toys for kids & toddlers, 5 tennis and 3 badminton rackets, 4 beach SmashBall racquets, Frisbees, 5 different size ice chests and a full size backpack for serious hikers.
· There is a wireless telephone/answering machine with free local and long distance service (US, Canada and Mexico).
The fully equipped kitchen has a coffeemaker, blender, mixer, waffle iron, Wok, toaster oven and rice maker as well as all new dinnerware, glasses, pots/pans and utensils. Glasses includes sets for white wine, red wine, champagne, martinis and Mai Tai's.
The dining set seats 6+ and there is also a large 6 person table for dining on the lanai while you are watching the great sunsets. Of course there are also amenities such as a hair dryer, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, etc.
The upstairs Master Suite is beautifully appointed with a King-size bed, 52 ”flat screen HDTV with remote control and DVD player, and private shaded atrium. We added a door to the upstairs MBR to make in easier to keep cool and add privacy. The bathroom has a spacious shower and twin sinks. The main level Master Suite has 2 twin beds, which can be converted to a king bed, if you prefer, and a 37 in HDTV. Both bedrooms have black out drapes which allow you to sleep in, most condos have just sheer drapes. The bathroom has a tub/shower and the stacked washer/dryer. A queen size sofa sleeper (with optional foam topper), inflatable queen bed, a 6" twin sleeping mat and two portacribs are also provided. ALL THE BEDS ARE NEW AND COMFORTABLE!! Bedding and linens are luxurious and comfortable.
We have tried to think of everything to make your stay (and ours) comfortable and memorable. As the locals say, “Maui no ka oi” or Maui is the best!
In comparing our unit to others here are some of the big differences:
o 70+% of the 2 BR units are ~20% smaller
o Less than 30% have a retractable awning to keep the patio cool
o We have a dining table that sits 6 inside and another 6 seater on the patio. Most have tables that only sit 4
o All of our furnishings are upscale and really nice, not 'Rental Unit' quality. Look closely at our photos vs those of other units.
o We provide real glassware with glasses for red & white wine, champagne, martini's etc. All kitchen utensils and silverware are of high quality with knives that are kept sharp
o We have a full size washer and dryer, 3X the capacity of other units, making doing wash much faster
o We have 3 HDTV's (55, 52 and 37 inch) making for more pleasant viewing. The 55 in is set up to allow you to preview all your photos and is connected to the internet and has a Digital Video Recorder to allow you to record shows and watch them later. All TV's have a DVD player (2 are BluRay)
o We have a large library (190) of kid and adult movies, all in HD
o We have a large music library featuring Hawaiian music
o We have a Playstation 3 to play games and BlueRay DVD's
o We have a huge collection of snorkel gear, boogie boards, ice chests, beach toys, tennis racquets, etc to help you enjoy your stay with no additional cost
o We have lots of infant and toddler items like a 2 portable cribs, baby swing, 2 high chairs, kids toys, kids movies, etc
o Everything is tastefully designed and decorated
o Everything is kept new, fresh and extremely clean
o Multiple sleeping options
o All of our 40+reviews are 5*
On booking this property you can choose between a $500 returnable deposit or a $79 non-returnable damage waiver.
- Check in after: 3 PM
- Check out before: 11 AM
- Events or parties allowed
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- Infant-friendly (0-2 years)
- Child-friendly (3-12 years)