Historic Colonial House in Boston
Find us in the heart of the Gaslit Bunker Hill District. It is just minutes on foot from The Financial District, Downtown, North End, Cambridge, Somerville, and Memorial Drive. It is convenient for access to MIT, Harvard, Boston Marathon, Boston Duck Tour, Museums, and Quincy Market.
The home is fully decorated in a classic colonial style inside and out. Antique furniture and decorations adorn each room of the properties' three levels.
On the first floor is a great kitchen with lots of counter space, and comfortable dining area with antique table. Across is the sitting room for reading or afternoon tea, or relaxing on a cold night in front of the fireplace.
The master bedroom, located on the second floor, has a large king bed, en suite bath, and fireplace. Not to mention the two closets for comfortable storage. Also on the 2nd floor, the second bedroom has a queen bed and large en suite bath and closet.
The third bedroom is located up the stairs on the 3rd floor. It has 2 twin beds, a skylight and the full bath is in the hall.
The fourth bedroom/office is also on the 3rd floor and has one twin bed. It shares the full bath in the hall with the other bedroom. It has a large partner desk for people who need space to spread out and work. (This room is available for parties of 7, or for smaller parties for an additional fee)
The basement includes exercise equipment and the washer and dryer with laundry supplies included for your stay.
The properties' grounds include the large front porch that extends across the front of the house, perfect for outdoor dining on the big wooden table. The wild flower garden is just a few steps away. You really feel like you've stepped into the past inside these walls, but still have all the comforts you need.
The house dates back all the way to 1790. This is the former home of Admiral Henry A. Wiley. A Distinguished Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II veteran, and Commander of the Boston Navy Yard from 1921 to 1923. The USS Henry A. Wiley a navy destroyer (named after the admiral) was commissioned on August 31, 1944 the year after the admiral's death. She received four battle stars during World War II.
- Child-friendly (3-12 years)
- Infant-friendly (0-2 years)
- Not suitable for pets
- No smoking
- No events or parties
- No parties, no loud gatherings, no loud noises.
- Please respect our neighbors by keeping noise levels low (we share an interior wall), parking only in the designated space and not overlaping spaces, and staying off their part of the property - their front patio, back deck outside the kitchen, and their section of the basement.
- No guests not included in the booking are allowed in the house. The maximum number of people allowed at the property is 7 with special arrangement. The fourth bedroom should only be used for parties of 7 or guests who have paid an additional fee.
- No smoking inside.
- Antiques require an extra level of care. Use a coaster please!
- If parking carefully read over all rules, and make sure to follow directions or you will be towed.
- Read over your Welcome Guide prior to your stay.
- We expect people to be very responsible with our house. We want people to have fun and that is why we have tried to provide the best, and we hope people take notice and respect that by following these rules. We expect guests to show the utmost respect for our home and property. Remember that Airbnb is not a hotel, this has been our personal home for 20 years!